«It is very important for us to support great initiatives like yours! You help us to progress in areas such as hard work and the fact that you initiate the desire to innovate in our structures. »
Frédéric GAURAT – Technical Director, SPIE Batignolles Île de France.
Spie Batignolles, Kross Chantier
It was during a trade show that the members of the Spie Batignolles team discovered the La K-Ryole Chantier electric forklift truck. Tested on their construction sites, the horizontal handling tool has changed the working conditions of their journeymen.
The Spie Batignolles worksite consists of an underground parking lot as well as above-ground offices. It is located in the heart of Paris.
The challenges of the electric cart were multiple:
- Be suitable for areas where equipment cannot be craned
- Be craneable for outdoor areas nevertheless
- Be robust for very uneven terrain
- Covering long distances in view of the 3 basement levels
Several test phases have been set up:
Phase 1 – Basement parking
- Transport of loads that are difficult to lift together: rubble, plates, bastaings, shoring towers…
- Very uneven terrain
Phase 2 – Upper floors
- Transport of various tools: clamps, weights…
- Team support, multi-tasking assistant
- Ergonomics: for access to restricted spaces
Phase 3 – Basement parking
- Transportation of very heavy loads: props,…
- Support for the completion of the construction site
After 3 months of use of the Kross Chantier :
- 64 km travelled
- 337 uses
- Thousands of kg of load that the companions did not have to endure
“We make 3 trips instead of 10! And above all, everything I carry in the electric cart is not on my back!” – Companion Spie Batignolles – Building site 11th district.
Today, Spie Batignolles has expanded the use of Kross Chantier at the national level. The electric cart is now at the service of a construction site in Lille.