«The trailer is essential to improve the quality and efficiency of our tours. Some tours can represent between 180 kg and 200 kg of organic waste. After several months of circulation in Lyon, it has become a vector of communication and even appeal! »
Benjamin Salel – Technical director, OuiCompost.
Annie, Marc, Alexandre, Térence and Benjamin are partners. In Lyon, they have developed OuiCompost : a responsible company that recycles food waste to create natural compost. In order to make their chain of ethical valorisation from collection to production, they decided to make their rounds by bike and K-Ryole trailer.
Interviw with Benjamin, technical developer of the start-up
What is a typical day at OuiCompost ?
1. Collecting organic waste from food industry professionals
- Load the trailer with clean buckets
- Cycling around Lyon’s different neighborhoods
- Collecting buckets filled with organic waste for each client and replacing them with clean buckets.
« The average weight per round is 150kg of bio-waste! »
2. Producing the compost
- Management of the mechanical composter
- Management of maturation trays
- Turning over, stirring the trays
- Screening of mature compost
« Once the collection is done at all the customers’ sites, I go to the composting site, where the organic waste is sorted, crushed, mixed and inserted into our electromechanical composter. »
3. Participate to OuiCompost project development
« Annie is a master composter, she takes care of the quality and hygiene of the compost. Marc is responsible for external relations and business development. Terence is in charge of marketing and sales of the compost. Finally, I am in charge of the technical and logistical development of the company. »
What factors and options of the electric trailer determined your purchase?
1. The loading capacity related to the possible payload
« K-Ryole is more powerful than most electric trailers. Thanks to its electric power and technology, it is totally assisted. Knowing that it does not require any force to start, run or stop it, we can tow several hundred kilos without any feeling of weight. »
2. The possibility to use several bikes without any prior installation
« Having several types of bikes is not a problem with the trailer: we can switch from a traditional bike to an electric bike in just a few moves. »
3. The complete packaging of the tool, whose visibility allows a strong communication
« The trailer is a good vector of communication and even appeal! »